Friday, March 18, 2011

Just Blogging.

So this is the first time I have ever blogged, so forgive me if it doesn't make sense. And by doesn't make sense i mean spelling errors, grammar errors, etc, etc.
I'll try not to be boring with my blogs, I hope to have at least one new blog each week, most likely on a Saturday or a Tuesday. Just because.
With that introduction I might as well provide a bit of back story.
I am a global hero, fire proof, can eat metal,  fly at moderately impressive speeds (especially when there are no cops around :)) (hah! the smiley is double chinned), a great body, a superior intellect, and a massively huge...
ego!
Ok, that was all lies but I am a writer, a writer who hopes one day to see a book on a shelf (even on the worst books ever shelf).
And when that day comes when I finally walk into Books-A-Million and march my way down the aisles to find a book that I had written waiting for a person to purchase it, I will shed a single tear pick up the hard-backed copy of my own creation, go to the check out lady (or man) and have the following conversation:
Lady(man): Will that be all sir?
Me: Why yes it would.
Lady(man): Scans with cool scanner gun. Do you have a Millionaire's Club Card?
Me: Why yes I do. You by chance wouldn't be familiar with the book I wish to purchase would you?
Lady(man): Not too much, I heard about it on (insert popular television network) and they said it was (good/bad/eh).
Me: Do you by chance know the author's name?
Lady(man): Let me see...
And as s/he reads the author's name I shall squeal with joy and flash my driver's license and shout:
"THAT BOOK WAS WRITTEN BY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Now of course I know it's kinda redundant to buy a book you wrote yourself, but hey, I know I will be proud to have done it.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome first blog, keep it up! Blog to us what is on your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete