Friday, April 1, 2011

Fate has a way of saying things doesn't it?

Well yesterday was my 19th birthday.
Yep, the big one-nine. Doesn't let me do much, still can't drink or anything but hey! The big one-nine!
Anyway, I wanted to go to dinner and a movie with my girlfriend, it actually was quite pleasant. Better than previous years, especially when you count in the fact I actually hate my birthday.
Don't ask for the long, tear-jerking, kids-choice award winning story that behind it.
I actually don't really know it. Guess I'm just a pessimist.
Any who, my mother was going to take my siblings to the library where my grandmother worked, and she had the only car. Almost puts a damper on the plans for the evening.
Luckly, the Chinese buffet was on the same street. Yes!
So we all piled in the car and headed to the library where my girlfriend and I wondered around for a bit looking at Greek mythology books to check out. She is working a play as well on a book about the Greek Goddess Titan Asteria and the Isle of Delos.
We're looking at the books and just to have fate point at me on a day I don't particularly like, a book labeled "The birthdays of Saints" appears on the shelf. Like fate was giving me a birthday welcome.
So we checked out our books and left in the van. (my mother and sibling got a ride from my grandmother)
When we got to the chineses buffet another mark of fate sounded in the building.
The ending of "Happy Birthday" was sung just as we entered and everyone began clapping. It didn't register at first and it wasn't until I tripped over the table and almost brought it down with me did my girlfriend say that it was happy birthday they were singing.
And if those two signs weren't clear enough we had a third one appear on the little truck we parked next to in the movie theater parking lot. On the pink (Yes PINK) truck, someone had carved the words "Happy B-day!"
Why would fate tell me happy birthday through a book title, a "Happy birthday" song in a Chinese buffet, or a pink mini truck? I have no idea.
But I look back at it and laugh.
And it makes me think about what will happen on my next birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment