Friday, December 30, 2011

Butterfly fly away!

Well the butterflies have finally hatched, first it was this little guy, then it was three others that became free! 
But there is a sad tale to this story, of the eight cocoons that we found, only five of them survived and became butterflies. Remember the daredevil that climbed to the top of the roof? Well that one hatched and left without saying a word. Yep when we saw the first one hatch, we investigated and saw that one had already left.
Maybe we'll see him one day, just flying around just a bit higher than anyone else.

Remember these two?
They both became cocoons at the same time, and both became butterflies at the same time! Twins! To bad I couldn't get a picture of them as butterflies, but oh well, there is always next time.

Well that would be about it for this tale of caterpillar turned butterfly, next time I hope to have a page dedicated to them where I am documenting there every move.

On to the next topic, I have been working more, harder hours than ever before, who knew working in a restaurant in the morning was WAY more difficult that working in the evening. I ended up working two hours longer on Monday (the day AFTER Christmas) than I should have.

Christmas itself was pretty enjoyable, in the end. I had work, and a few minor annoyances occurred that day, but all in all it was worth it to see my niece open gifts and become completely enthralled in this light up, spinning, bouncing, thing that was annoying to everyone but her and her mother.
Seriously, it was 6 o'clock in the morning, and my niece is wide awake and starts handing the light up spinning, LOUD ball to everyone, expecting us to turn it on. She hands it to me, my girlfriend, and her mom's boyfriend. We all told her no (She's only a year old and when you tell her no, she gives a face that says, "What does that mean?") then she gives it to her mother who begins to push the button, a bit at a time teasing the child who's face lit up with the light and them finally turned it on where the girl grabbed it and ran offf literally shaking from the spinning light up thing.

It was all death glares to the mom.

But yeah, that was how Christmas day was spent, waking up early, getting slightly annoyed by a child's toy, and working. Sounds like the time of year huh?

Well now that the more personal stuff is done, I have a few announcements to make, including a few video I ideas that I want to get to work on soon.

The first of which is that Saria's fanfiction is almost done, with only two more chapters to go with Darunia's fanfiction coming up in mid January, and the newest chapter for Pikmin Origins in  up and ready to be read.

I have also posted an old book of mine that I originally started out for a fifth grade assignment that I failed. The chapters are broken up to parts that are being published to it's own blog each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. If you are interested about it check out the link in the end of this post.

And now for the video ideas, my girlfriend, my sister, and I have all come up with different video ideas that we think would be quite funny to put online. The first of which is a Jehovah Witness video about the wife of Satan who invite the man in. The next is an animal crossing parody titled "How to live in Animal Crossing" and pokes fun at the more complicated aspects of the games, such as watering plants.

And I have a Sims 3 video I am trying to get going, that will be about all the ways to die (so far) in the Sims 3.
I hope that one is well liked.

And I guess that will be it for this post, soon I will be off to work again and probably won't get a chance to post anything new until next year!

Till then, stay happy and safe for the new year!

-Roger

Saria's fanfiction: http://zeldarogercascaden.blogspot.com/

Cyberspace: http://rogercyberspace.blogspot.com/

Pikmin Origins: http://pikminorigins.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment