Monday, April 9, 2012

Now that my vacations over...

If you can even call it that. Want an update on my life? I recently got a promotion at work and as a result, got a boatload of hours that keep me busy and tired to the point were I literally fall asleep while standing. In addition to this, I still have the remainder of my schoolwork to contend with and as a result, the little time I have to myself only gives me enough time to create only a sentence or two on another project of mine.
(I'm trying out being a bit of a simple artist to help illustrate my blogs. I know I'm not that much of an artist but in the future I hope to get a laugh or two from readers!)

But in the midst of my hectic life, I have been able to complete my first fanfiction on here. That is right, I have finished Saria's story on blogger and have begun Darunia's chapter. I hope that I will have a better schedule for it and the next chapters in the future, I'm not too fond of my current method of making promises and then failing them completely. I have to apologize again for everything. So what I have decided is to take a small break from updating my stories and work on them at a better pace but continue to blog regularly about progress and whats going on in life and such.

The next topic, now that I have my plan for the future ready, is that I want to talk about a topic, something news related maybe, or my stand on certain things, and I think I want to chat about the absurdity of the news lately. Remember not too long ago, the Case against Casey? I do feel bad for what happened, both the tragedy of it all, and the verdict that came out of it. I believe (and I'm sure many do too) that Casey should have been punished more for not reporting her daughter missing after a full month. But I'm starting to talk too much about Casey Anthony (I don't need to go on, each new vlog from her gets national headlines) my main topic is the rekindled racial dispute that if you ask me should not have blown up as it did. I'm talking about the Trayvon Martin Case.

I may not know too much about it, but from what I hear and from other's opinions, it sounds to me like they are trying to reinvent the civil rights movement. I do believe justice should be taken as it would appear that Zimmerman was lying about being attacked and using murder as a defense, but all the hype that has come from it kinda makes a murder and turns it into a revolution, one that has no place, in my opinion, in this day and age. But that's just my opinion, I understand that there are many people deeply offended by this but it seems like an excuse for the news to diverge from the real issues going on in the world today.

Quickly back to the Casey Anthony Trial, the whole thing became a publicity stunt, a way for people to make money using the lives of real people, including those who are innocent, like Kaylee Anthony. I'm just afraid this will also become an advertising stunt, and not a true way to find justice for whoever is innocent.

Well this seems to be the end of my spiel, I hope it was at the very least entertaining. (Like my poor attempt at art!)
Before I let you go though, I have a few links I would like for you to check out.

First one, my girlfriend posted a video on Youtube a few days ago and if you enjoy Mulan 2, Ouran High School (the anime series if you didn't know) or AMV's, I would invite you to check it out. It's actually quite good and she would like that very much.

And second, my sister has her own blog with which she periodically posts poems. She is quite talented, better than myself in most regards, and if you are in the mood for reading some well written poems, than I would urge you to go ahead and check that out.

So there you have, one well made AMV you are welcome to view, and a blog of talented writing. Go ahead and check them out!

Till next time, stay hungry my friends, at least until you're next meal, you don't want to over indulge yourself on snacks and ice cream, then there won't be any room for desert.

-Roger

Haruhi wants to be like other girls

Blissful Noire

Saria's Fanfiction

And let's not forget to check out my other blogs, links to them can be found all over this page!

No comments:

Post a Comment