Friday, April 27, 2012

An unfortunate case

Well I was hoping things like this would not happen, but I figured they would. In one of my previous posts I discussed a bit about the Trayvon Martin case and how I was afraid that it would escalate farther into the danger zone then it already had.

Well I recently discovered that my step-brother's girlfriend's uncle was beaten within an inch of his life. Yeah it happened about a week ago, and I don't know how he is doing. Last I heard he was in critical condition and telling people not to let him die. His sister had watched the whole thing as it happened and she said it was the most horrific thing she had ever witnessed.

It happened in Alabama and started with the uncle yelling at some kids in the road. They ran off and a group of about 20 adults came after him. They had anything they could carry, paint cans, chairs, anything they could carry, then ran onto his front porch and nearly killed him!

Now I don't know what he said to the kids to get them to get their family to try and kill the guy, but I angers me a bit. They came after him, they cornered him on his porch and tried to kill him, and to add insult to injury, one of them called out when they started to leave, "Now that's justice for Trayvon!"

I'm sorry, what was that? "Justice?" by beating someone who had absolutely NO connection with that case? Really? If that is justice then there really isn't any hope for anyone is there? I was afraid that the nation wide "call to arms" that resulted after Trayvon died would spill over into an angrier pre-civil rights period. But it unfortunately is expected, now that Zimmerman was arrested, the call to justice would get out of hand. People are too sensitive and as a whole, they attempt to justify their actions as the right thing to do even though there was no connection with their reasoning.

In this case, the group believed their actions were right to attempt murder because they were defending the honor of Trayvon, who was killed because of racism. To me, that's stupid, whatever drive they felt to preserve the honor of their race should have been dealt with better than that. If this is the 21st century, why don't we act like it? Aren't we supposed to evolve from our mistakes, and flaws? One type of human theory is that we, as a mass, are continuously growing to a better race, but with moments like these, were they are taking incidents like Zimmerman killing Trayvon and turning it into an entire race war.

Not everyone is like Zimmerman, but some people seem to think that it is true. It's unfortunate, but it is an ugly truth about mankind.

Sorry about the rant, I felt like sharing this story and a bit of my take on it.

Well then, I am kinda curious on your take on the world today, and especially the incidents as a result of the Trayvon case. Leave a comment below and let's give everyone a healthy dose of opinions.

-Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment