Friday, May 25, 2012

Hope Rocket makes you laugh


This would be Rocket, my dad's black lab who just so happened held this pose for several hours just so my brother could get a camera and snap this shot, captions and all! (Not true, just lucky pic and the captions were added) This would be my first step toward taking over the internet world. As we all know, animals doing cute, funny, or bizarre things are running the businesses right now, even more so when captions are involved. So I hitched a ride on the band wagon and am cruising toward an internet life of prosperity and shiny things... Or the complete opposite... That might explain why this wagon is full of neighborhood news, home videos of boring and poor quality material and an old ipod that needs batteries.

Yep that is my plan.

On the next note, I have not updated in a while because last Saturday, my grandfather of 68 passed away in the VA Hospital he was in only the day after my mother and grandmother returned from visiting him. It's been a tough time even before he was in the hospital, since for the past 2 years, he had been swiftly going down hill starting with his legs which had begun to die. He even lost feeling but still drove everywhere himself. He even didn't realize that his foot was on the accelerator and destroyed his carport and the stairs to his house. He put a foot stool in place to get inside. He was a heavy, heavy smoker, and a heavy drinker all from a very young age, so most of his problems came from complications of both of them. Just a month ago he sneezed and fell over, breaking his back and hospitalizing him. What he didn't tell us was that he had fallen again in the hospital this time hitting his head and causing internal problems that gave his seizures and even in his sleep, he was still writhing in pain. For a little bit, while my mother and grandmother was there, he appeared to be getting better and my mother and uncle even found a nursing home they intended to put him in, but once she left, he got worse and eventually passed.

We are just thankful that it was relatively short considering if he pulled through he would be under constant care, and being a man who once had the ability and drive to do what he wanted, when he wanted, and live completely independent, he would have been miserable for the rest of his days. The worst part about it for me isn't that he passed, I was prepared for it, but how my mother is taking it. She had centered her future around moving north and being a nurse so she could take care of him and make sure he was alright instead of putting him in a nursing home, or worse, following my great uncle Ronald, my grandfather's brother-in-law, who died alone in his house and was found almost a week later already half-decayed. So the hardest part is my mother dealing with her future plans shifting, and being without her father.

So I haven't had the time to really update everything of mine, I have a bit, but not as much as I had hoped. But before I close out I would like to present you with a link to my Step-mother's art website her calligraphy facebook page, she and my father are in a bit of a financial choke hold and she is trying to sell some of her art, which is getting better and better all the time, so I invite you to check it out as well.

Well then, until next time, this is Roger and I'm out.

-Roger

Cartography by Libby

Images by Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment